Here are some things I like to do:
- Focus on my own family. I have a supportive husband and wonderful daughter. We take a "time out" from life for date day and go for a movie or a walk or something fun to escape the stresses of work.
- Ensure you are getting enough sleep. I have the most difficult time with this one, but it is important. If you aren't getting enough sleep you become tired, irritable, and start to sweat the small stuff you may usually not worry about.
- Diet is important too! If you are not eating healthy your body starts to rebel against you. Like with lack of sleep, if you don't take care of your body, everything can seem more challenging around you.
- Playing online. I love pintrest, ready educational blogs, games. Anything that lets me focus on something fun I enjoy.
- Stay positive. Journal, Blog, Chat with a colleague or friend. Sometimes it is difficult to be positive, but even on a bad day, reflectingon the positive will make all the difference.
- Have a good cry! Sometimes you just have to let it out!
- Me Time! Doing something you love. Besides the things I already talked about above, doing something just for you is a nice way to unwind. Personally, I like to read, get a manicure or pedicure, have a bubble bath, take a nap, watch a movie.