Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Monday 3 December 2012

Culture of Learning: Fooling Around in the Bathroom

Loved this story from a principal in our district: 
It is not rare to walk down the hallway and hear strange noises coming from the boys bathroom in an elementary school. Sometimes you hear giggles, or doors slamming, or screams as the boys play tag, toss around paper towel, or slam the doors on the stalls. And although my school is not immune to this type of behaviour I must admit that I am very pleased that our students do a pretty good job of respecting their school, and this includes their bathrooms.Last week I was heading down the hallway on my way outside about 10 minutes into the outside play portion of lunch. As I walked past the boys bathroom I could see that there were two boys standing at the sinks. I paused…it was quiet. I heard a whisper. I looked again, they hadn’t moved.
 
Read the rest of this story here: http://principalofthematter.com



 

No comments:

Post a Comment