Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Sunday 24 November 2013

Co-Teaching


One of the many things I love about mentoring, is the opportunity to work with new teachers in a variety of ways. My favourite is co-teaching.

Co-teaching goes beyond collaboration and let's teachers work together to educate students.

http://www.ctserc.org/initiatives/teachandlearn/coteach.shtml lists 6 different ways to co-teach:

1. One Teach, One Observe. 
2. One Teach, One Assist.
3. Parallel Teaching.
4. Station Teaching.
5. Alternative Teaching.
6. Team Teaching



I found an awesome blog that talks about co-teaching, here are some highlights:

I will be the first to say co-teaching is not for everyone but in the same instance, I believe everyone should try it. 
Education is not about out doing my coworker down the hall. It is about collaborating to make everyone successful. I have always been a fan of collaboration but throughout school, everything has been a competition for me. Teaching is not a competition it is about doing what is best for all our students.
Read More here - original post

Co-teaching.... maybe not for everyone, but I am the first to admit that I can be a control freak.... yet, I still manage to enjoy and excel in co-teaching!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment