Summary: Squeeze your teammate's hand as quickly as possible- only if the coin comes up as heads!
Goal: Be the first team to grab the object, if the quarter comes up as heads.
- A quarter
- An object for teams to grab (ball, stuffed animal, water bottle, etc.)
How to Play Electricity:
1. Arrange everyone into two equally numbered teams. Have both teams line up in parallel lines. At the end of the line, place the object about five feet away (in equal distance from both ends of the line). You’ll be at the head of the line.
2. Explain the rules: Everyone in line will need to hold hands and close their eyes. Only the first person of both lines can open their eyes. Flip the coin in the air, catch it, and reveal the quarter to the first person of both teams.
3. If the quarter comes up as “heads”, the first person squeezes the next person’s hand. The second person squeezes the next person’s hand, and so forth. At the end of the line, the last person runs to grab the object. The team that grabs the object first wins a point for the round. If the quarter comes up as “tails”, then no one squeezes anyone’s hand. If there’s an “accidental” hand squeeze and the quarter comes up as “tails”, the team that grabbed the object loses a point for the round.
4. For the second round, the first person goes to the back of the line and the game continues. The first team that reaches 10 points wins the game.
Wednesday, 13 March 2013
A fun game to play as sponge or time-filler at the end of the day...