I found this on a website a few weeks ago and after having an absolute BLAST doing it in class, I wanted to share....
1. Break the class into teams of around four or five students so you end up with an even number of groups.
2. Pair off the teams.
3. Each team thinks of a five-letter word.
4. Its partner team has to guess the word by writing a five-letter word.
5. The opposition says how many letters are correct in the word, but not which ones.
6. The teams alternate guessing their opponents' words, and the first team to guess correctly wins.
Example: Team 1's word is clash; Team 2 guesses beach.
Three letters are the same.
Next, Team 1 guesses Team 2's word.
Then Team 2 guesses bingo -- no correct letters.
The groups continue alternating until one team figures out the other team's word.
Each team takes a turn, the first team to guess the word wins.
Makes it easier if they keep a note on impossible letters & probable letters.
Can take ages to play & really gets their brains & logic skills a work out.
...it reminds me of that game "Mastermind" where you guess the 4 coloured pin combo...