Great way to practice weekly spelling words and have a fun, interactive game.
1. Students stand in a circle (not neccessary, could also do standing at their desks)
2. Teacher says the word (choose from spelling list)
3. First student says first letter, next student says next letter and so on.
4. After last letter is said, the next student says "Sparkle"
5. If a student says the wrong letter or doesn't say Sparkle at the end, they sit down and are out for this round.
6. Keep going until you have one student left.
Student 1: "t"
Student 2: "r"
Student 3: "e"
Teacher: Sorry (student sits)
Student 3: "u"
Student 4: "s"
Student 5: "t"
Student 6: "Sparkle"
and so on
Give it a try and let me know how it goes.
If you have any other spelling game ideas, please feel free to comment below and share.