Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Wear Pink for Anti-Bullying Day Wednesday February 29, 2012


As a teacher, I am hyper-aware of bullying because as a child, I was bullied.

I tell my students this, because many students think their teacher's are confident, strong and could never have been bullied. It is a good discussion opener and it allows students to feel they can talk about bullying in a safe environment.

I also show remorse when I admit I have bullied others in the past too. This conversation often gives students courage to admit times when they have mad poor decisions and reflect on those times in hopes to make more positive decisions in the future.

I think pink shirt day is a great way to bring awareness to the problem of bullying and a great day to discuss the topic and ways to prevent it.

Visit www.pinkshirt.ca for articles, lessons, resources and information on Anti-Bullying Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment