Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Sunday 1 September 2013

Currently...

 
 
Listening:
To my daughter and her friend giggling in the room next to me. It's the last slumber party of the summer.

Loving:
The weather we have been having. There was a wicked thunder storm the other night and the rain watered my garden for me. Since then it has been sunny and beautiful.

Thinking:
About back to school.

Wanting:
A job! I am a bit anxious knowing there are no classes available for many teachers, including me. I really hoped I would be able to know before school starts.

[For those new to my blog, our district had a major budget deficit and laid off approx 500 teachers. As of last week 200 were still not placed back in a classroom... there are no jobs... yikes!]

Needing:
To get my house cleaned! And not stress of things I can not control [like when I get my class assignement]
Love Yourself Spot:
1. Drink more water 
2. Learn to say 'no' sometimes
3. Scrapbook more

If you want to participate in 'Currently' check out Farley's blog - Oh Boy 4th Grade I try to participate every month and even use the idea with the mentors group I work with as an opening write sometimes!

2 comments:

  1. Goodluck with your job hunt - education and schools need more funding and teachers, not less! Enjoy the rest of your summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. My school district has been very blessed financially. We were able to cover losses through attrition and retirement. Although we didn't have a pay raise for three years, I'll take that over not having a job any day. Wishing you the best in your job hunt.

    Carla
    Surviving Sixth Grade

    ReplyDelete