In June I posted this "A Teacher's Summer Bucket List " as well as my own "Summer List" Here
So... How did I do?
Well, summer seems to pass by faster and faster each year, but I did try this summer to do as much as I could! I think it is so important to relax, rejuvinate and have fun in the summer...
- I did not organize my garage of resources. Though a few teacher friends have offered to come help me soon.
- I did go camping for 5 glorious days with two other families! 6 adults, 6 children, 3 dogs. It was amazing! One of my longest friends and his wife and two children were one of the families we camped with and they are pro-campers, so we ate in style! Slow smoked pork sandwiches, ribs, steaks, and late night campfire snacks like bean dip and potato skins... delicious!
- I did not plan for the upcoming school year. I am on recall and there is no job for me yet, so I can't plan as I don't know what class/grade/school/subject I will be in, when I am in...
- I read a few novels, not as many as I hoped, but I really enjoyed them!
- Beach trips were few and far between, the weather was beautiful, but almost too hot to go to a busy beach. We did go to the lake while camping a lot though!
- Summer Conference and FIT were awesome! I really enjoyed Kamloops
- SDCC (Comic-Con) was epic! I had the most amazing time with friends and attending panels, celebrity filled parties and cool exhibits.
Also, not on my list but quite rewarding:
- Scrapbooking with my daughter
- movie dates
- hanging out with my husband, daughter and our puppy at the dog park, river, trails and lake
- coffee dates with friends
What did you do this summer that was most enjoyable?