Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Monday 2 September 2013

Make Ahead Lunches.... Great Time Saver

I love this idea. As a mom and as an on-call teacher who sometimes (ok often!) gets a last minute call to go to this school or that, it is nice to have some ready-to-go lunch snacks.





In my house we have a snack bin for dry snacks, granola bars, fruit snacks, yougurt bars, cereal bars, crackers, cookies, etc. I also have one of those bins in my classroom for kids who don't bring lunches or miss breakfast. (Last year I also had a small fridge in my class where I stored yougurt tubes for kids in similar situations)

But I love the idea of having cold snacks and even sandwiches or wraps ready to grab and go at any time.

COLD SNACKS BIN:
  • String Cheese, Babybel cheese
  • Yogurt smoothies or other yogurt cups
  • Carrots ( I found little cups with lids at Cash n Carry that I add ranch dip to them sometimes)
  • Apples
  • Sliced Oranges
  • Mandarin Oranges, whole
  • Green Peppers, sliced thinly
  • Celery sticks
  • Grapes, Cherries, Canteloupe or other seasonal fruit cut up

  • DRY SNACKS BIN:
  • Crackers or Pretzels
  • Homemade Granola
  • Granola Bars
  • Beef Jerkey
  • Trail Mix
  • Chips
  • Graham Crackers
  • Brownies or Homemade Cookies ( I bake up a bunch and individually bag them up)
  • Special Treats ( usually for a holiday – like a single candy on Halloween…)


  • Source: http://happymoneysaver.com/cold-lunches-in-a-day/

    No comments:

    Post a Comment