Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Wednesday 6 June 2012

The Dot by Peter Reynolds - Art Lesson



This blog by a BC TTOC had a great Art project she tried recently that I wanted to share. She writes:
Book: The Dot by Peter Reynolds. I was able to find it in the school library and I did not need any other materials other than the students' own pencil crayons and some large square pieces of paper that I took a few minutes to cut from 11x17 sheets. The Dot is a wonderful book about believing in yourself and believing in your artwork. Here is a good synopsis. Peter Reynolds is passionate about inspiring kids to be creative and take risks and to feel proud of and confident in their artwork
She used the art lesson found here after reading the book and showing a short youtube clip of the story.

I can't wait to try this - I love these types of activities and the kids do also! As a TTOC it is always good to have these kinds of lesson plans ready - just in case!

See more Here

1 comment: