1. It is highly engaging!
2. It lasts for as long as you need it to!
3. It can accommodate nearly ANY content area/targeted skill!
4. It is quick to prep!
5. It costs next to nothing to make!
You need sticks, a cup/holder, and to determine which subject area you want to focus on.
For example - basic math facts:
Or maybe you need to glue on some items:
You can do this for vocab, definitions, math equations, sight words, rounding, parts of speech, synonyms, antonyms, story elements, the options are endless!
Once you decide and create - here is how to play...
1. First student pulls out a popsicle stick.
2. The student identifies the "answer" or "correct response." If their answer is correct (determined by either a reference sheet or their peers) they get to keep the popsicle stick. If they answer it incorrectly, the stick must go back in the cup.
3. The students continue around the circle, selecting one popsicle stick at a time and answering their question.
4. Any student who pulls a KABOOM! stick has to place all of the popsicle sticks they have accumulated back into the cup, leaving them with zero. (It may sound harsh, but it happens OFTEN, so all students will at some point get "Kaboomed!"
5. The game NEVER ENDS because eventually someone will get a Kaboom! and their popsicle sticks will go back into the cup to keep the game going.