This is available to all BC teachers and is usually booked for a local or neighbouring locals can team up to book.
Currently to book the workshop you email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers Teaching on Call (TTOCs) Workshops
1. Work-Life Balance: This workshop offers strategies for maintaining work-life balance in a particularly stressful role.
2. Dealing with Stress: Teachers Teaching on Call often face uncertainty in the workplace, this workshops explores how to develop positive strategies to effectively respond to stress.
4. Raising health and safety awareness: Teachers Teaching on Call are often unaware of of the workplace risks. This workshop deals with awareness and procedures for workplace safety.
5. Reality 101: Life teaching on call. This workshop is designed to support new teachers teaching on call. It provides current teaching practices and practical resources, and to enhance confidence in new TTOCs.
6. Employment Insurance Seminar (EI): This presentation helps TTOCs understand the steps to follow in applying for and obtaining EI benefits. This presentation is also on-line on the BCTF website.
7. Classroom Management for TTOCs: Teachers teaching on call encounter a variety of classrooms and this workshop deals with the unique issues of classroom management faced by TTOCs. It outlines reasons for student non-compliance, the difference between punishment and discipline, and uses discussion and scenarios to outline strategies for dealing with these situations.
9. Engaging and Supporting Teachers teaching on Call: The New Reality in a Bill 22 World: TTOCs are often more vulnerable than members who are attached to a regular staff with access to frequent support. This workshop will cover ways locals and individuals can create support structures and build solidarity amongst TTOCs.
There are also a number of other workshops available to all teachers, including TTOCs. Here is where to read up on them all.
1. Go to the BCTF portal
2. Click "Teachers"
3. Click "Professional Development"
4. Click "Workshops and Conferences"
This will open a PDF of all workshops offered by the BCTF.
This week I spent three days at the BCTF Facilitators' Institute where new and experienced facilitators met to train and prepare. There are a number of people available to facilitate these workshops. Contact the BCTF to book!
Post a Comment