BUt that isn't what this is....
This is a game I have played with all ages that is interactive and builds on exsisting lessons. It is fantastic for a TTOC who is coming in and wants more interactive lessons during that "extra" time after a lesson that the teacher-on-contract may have left.
Tic Tac Toe
1. You need nine chairs set up in three rows, like a toc-tac-toe grid.
2. Divide the class into 2 teams, X's and O's.
3. Just like in regular tic-tac-toe, the X's and O's alternate, except they sit in the chairs instead of drawing it out on paper.
4. Ask each team a question (can be trivia, or use their weekly spelling words or French vocabulary or math equation - anything they are working on in class).
5. The students must raise their hand to answer. (you may call one person from each team to the front to be asked question or ask it to the group as a whole)
6. If they are correct, then they get to sit on one of the chairs. The first team to get three in a row, diagonally, vertically or horizontally, wins. (You may have them hold up "x" or "O" sign or make it with their hands.)
Post a Comment