Opinions expressed on this blog are my own and do not represent any other organization or affiliation I may have.

Wednesday 17 April 2013

The Dot - Peter H. Reynolds





I feel like I have talked about The Dot before maybe? I love having picture books in my 'Bag of Tricks' with fun, easy art projects or activities to go with them. This one is awesome...

The Dot is a cute story about a little girl who discovers art  through a simple series of dot paintings.  The students were able to paint their own dot, or not-a-dot, with watercolors.  This was a nice simple opportunity for students to use paints and learn the expectations for using watercolors. 


I have also seen doing dot art projects after this where students make a design and use dots to "colour" it in.





These are easy art projects you can use felt markers, crayons, or paint and white paper. Get the story book for your bag of tricks or see if the library has a copy when you are in a bind and need an activity. This is ideal for primary, though I don't see why you couldn't also do with older students too.

No comments:

Post a Comment